The World’s Top 10 Beaches
The World’s Top 10 Beaches
Sand between your toes, salty hair and sun-kissed skin. There’s a lot to love about the beach and if you’re an ocean lover, the world is blessed with an endless list.
Whether it’s surfing or watersports, swimming or relaxation, each carry their own crowning glory.
There’s nothing quite like a refreshing dip in the ocean on a hot summer day, so we have set off to find the top 10 beaches from across the globe that all beachgoers must add to their bucket list.
1. Whitehaven Beach; Welcome to heaven on earth. True to its name, this Queensland stunner located on Whitsunday Island is a 7km stretch of blissful pure sand paired with turquoise-hued water. Now that’s a match made in heaven!
2. Bora Bora, where the water meets the sky. Fringed by palms and lush green mountains, Matira Beach is not only Tahiti’s most famous, but most beautiful with calm, clear and warm waters.
3. Some things need to be seen to be believed and Bermuda’s Horseshoe Bay is one of them. From its blush pink sands to translucent waters, the picture perfect curved stretch offers endless opportunities for swimming, body surfing and caving.
4. Accessible only by foot, we promise that Lanikai Beach in Hawaii is well worth the trek. Secluded, remote and just half a kilometre long, this is one of the Island’s best-kept secrets for its breathtaking panoramic views of the bay.
5. If roaring energy is what you’re seeking on your day at the beach, Brazil’s Ipanema Beach in Rio is where it’s at. A favourite for surfers and families by day and for partygoers by night, this is one beach party you won’t forget.
6. Situated on Japan’s Tokashiki Island, Aharen Beach has become renowned as a treasure chest of marine life, with more than 400 species of coral, whales, sea turtles, manta rays and a rainbow of tropical fish inhabiting the glass-like waters.
7. With a backdrop of ancient walled cities and ruins atop rocky cliffs, Mexico’s Tulum Beach is where culture, history and nature meet. The broad white stretch and luxurious Caribbean waters not only attract but mesmerise all who visit.
8. When it comes to Greece, choosing just one beach isn’t an easy feat, but Navagio Beach on Ionian really is a cut above the rest. Famous for the shipwreck that is concreted into the white sand and framed by towering cliffs, it’s just a short boat ride to access the crystalline waters for yourself.
9. The ultimate paradise can be found at Boracay’s Puka Shell Beach in the Philippines. From the pristine swimming conditions to the watersports and the market stalls that dot the foreshore, it’s here that you will escape the hussle and bustle and be able to truly relax.
10. If surfing is on your itinerary for Spain, you can’t go past Mundaka Beach in the north. Host to numerous international surfing events and renowned for its dream left-hand barrel, boardriders won’t want to miss this opportunity.