Must Do’s in Mansfield
Must Do’s in Mansfield
Just 2 hours north of Melbourne, trade the city skyline and fast pace for ice capped peaks, rolling hills, rugged terrain and absolute serenity in Mansfield.
Situated in the foothills of the Victorian Alps, another world awaits in Mansfield – a small country town with adventures to be had all year round, endless opportunities to be wined and dined and hidden gems waiting to be discovered.
Discover life’s simple pleasures in Mansfield with our Top 10 must do activities.
1. Test some of Australia’s best cool climate wines including the award-winning Riesling, Pinot Gris and Shiraz at Delatite Wines.
2. Power’s Lookout is not only known for its unforgettable views of the Upper King Valley and Alpine National Park, but also as the hideout for by the infamous bushranger, Ned Kelly.
3. In the winter months, see the region transform into a wonderland of blanketed snow and hit the world class ski slopes, throw a snowball, build a snowman or whiz down the mountain on a toboggan at Mount Buller.
4. Explore the sweeping alpine scenery and trails traversed by the Man from Snowy River on a Horseback tour.
5. Visit Bindaree Falls, just an easy 10 minute stroll amongst the tranquil bushland, tree ferns and towering eucalyptus trees. The falls can also be accessed by 4WD.
6. Wet a line in Lake Eildon, an angler’s paradise teeming with trout, perch, redfin and Murray cod – and all just steps from Mansfield Country Resort.
7. Tee off at one of Victoria’s most scenic greens at Mansfield Golf Course, overlooking the Alps and High Country landscapes.
8. Dubbed the ‘regional breadbasket’, there is no better place to find fresh meat, cheese, fish and olives than the Farmers Market held on the fourth Saturday of the month.
9. Get up close and personal with a large collection of native and exotic animal species from kangaroos to white lions at Mansfield Zoo, set on 30 acres of pristine parkland.
10. The region comes to life with annual festivals and events including the Mansfield High Country Festival, a must for anyone visiting the area from 3 – 7 November.
Want to replace the city rush with country charm on your next holiday? Mansfield Country Resort is situated on the banks of Lake Eildon and is the perfect base to enjoy all the region has to offer. Get in touch with Classic Holidays to book your High Country escape today.